Sunday, February 23, 2014

a work in progress

I spent the better part of yesterday needling away at some wool.  Forming stones and coaxing curly locks into moss.  I had the music on and my littlest needle-felting companion with me, needling on her own creation while the cat sat in a wood bowl and watched us.  Even though we clearly bored him.

Today I'll add some other shapes and hopefully a few sewn accents.  It's a fun piece to work on.  When I make my mushroom terrariums, I always take special joy in adding all of the details to the scene so this is allowing me all of that fun on a larger scale.

But speaking of scale, check out the mini scene my little partner created.  Momma is proud.

Happy Sunday, everyone.

8 comments:

Starr White said...

Ooo, I hope to see some mushrooms sprouting from that beautiful mossy bed…these are my favorite!

Inspired By June said...

Can't wait to see, Lisa!

Lisa Boni said...

Love this piece already! So glad you are finding time to create!

Margie Oomen said...

i love it of course

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa-that scene is looking so cool! I hope there will be some of your awesome mushrooms worked into it! Your little one sure does have your talent! Have a great week!

StaroftheEast said...

Looks awesome already!

Mary McAndrew said...

Hi Lisa, I just love your blog and I'm also glad you're still creating! Life is just a huge swing up and down and we creative people have to keep doing out thing regardless to feel 'sane'! You're very talented and inspire a lot of people I'm sure!

prpltrtl946 said...

Like Mommy, like Daughter! Beautiful!! 8*)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails