Wednesday, February 12, 2014

flying high


Today I start a new journey, on a different path than the one I started in November.  One that leads me in an exciting new direction.  Starting today yours truly is the Executive/Artistic Director of The Crossing Arts Alliance, a non-profit in my town that promotes the arts and artists in our area.

You may remember me mentioning before how much I've enjoyed volunteering there.  To be able to turn this love of volunteering into a paid position...I don't even have the words to express how happy I am.  While I'll still be working outside of the home, and away from what I've built here, I get to work at something I'm passionate about...the arts.  The icing on the cake is that the hours I'll work will provide a better work/life balance than the position I've recently held.  I'm a lucky girl.

I'm flying high today, much like the fun frisbee I found in my mailbox (my kids have delighted in flinging my likeness around, by the way).

If you're curious about The Crossing, please take a moment to check out their website or come visit their facebook page (I'll be showing up there regularly).  If you're in the area, please stop in and see me in the office adjacent to the Sales Gallery at the Franklin Arts Center in Brainerd, MN.

I look forward to seeing all of you here more regularly too.
Happy Wednesday!




16 comments:

Ariadne said...

I am so happy that you are happy in this new position!Congrats!AriadnefromGreece!

Starr White said...

YAY!! I'm so happy for you. I knew it would work out!

Yarnword said...

Congratulations Lisa and good luck in your new role. It sounds an ideal job for you and so glad it is happy news for you. Dx

Unknown said...

Funny how that old saying"good things come to those who wait" really is true! So very happy that you have a job doing something you love! Best wishes to you on your new journey! I hope you will have more time to do your stitching!

redwitch said...

Congratulations, Lisa - how lovely for you :) So pleased that it worked out in the end and that you get to do a job in the creative arts.

RaeRaggs said...

That's such wonderful news! Congratulations!

Jacqui Wise said...

So happy for you! Congratulations and I hope you enjoy your new job.

Inspired By June said...

Congratulations, Lisa! Transitioning to work outside the home can be difficult, as you have experienced, what a blessing to now be able to do something you are passion about - good for you!

StaroftheEast said...

This is so great, Lisa !!

Julie Clay Illustration said...

Hooray, so pleased it all worked out in the end, that's great news, I'm sure you will be brilliant :)

Sandies' Patch said...

Lisa, how wonderful! CONGRATULATIONS!
Hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news for you (& hopefully for us who follow you)
Congratulations!

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thank you so much everyone! I so appreciate your support and am looking forward to "seeing" you all here soon. Hugs to all. Lisa

HollyM said...

This great news! I'm sure it will be a very satisfying position!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Lisa, What super wonderful news. Congratulation. Very well deserved indeed. Hugs judy

ellenceleste said...

So happy for you! I love following your blog and seeing all the wonderful things you make. Glad to hear you have the opportunity to use your creativity on a larger stage. I look forward to hearing of your new adventures.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails