Saturday, November 15, 2008

Working on the weekend

I spent some time this morning organizing the studio area. It's been largely unusable since this spring's floodings. My work tables were piled high with materials of every imagineable type in an effort to save them from the water so I've been doing all of my working in the living area of the house (much to my hubby's chagrin). I got down there early today and started to make it a usable space again and I can't wait until it's finished.

As a reward for my hard work, I treated myself to some sewing time and some of hubby's fresh from the oven soft pretzels (with mustard, naturally). I'm working on some teeny owl brooches today out of felted wool sweater material. They're each about 2" tall and have little vintage mother of pearl buttons for eyes.


What are you working on today?

5 comments:

Katie Jean said...

just came here via twitter. Love your blog! Those owls are so cute!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

You have a more daunting organizing task than I do! I love those little owls, though! I hope you're getting more sleep lately :)

I worked at sbux this morning, then came here to school at about 12:30 and scrubbed half of a table (it takes forever) and then helped some Graphic Design kids silkscreen t-shirts for about 4.5 hours!

I painted some linen/rayon a nice green for my silkscreen project, you'll see it later tonight!

Heather Eddy said...

I worked at the library today. Mailed off three packages for Etsy. Came home, tried to make dinner, but the dough for pizza didn't rise (why??????). So I read. Cos I'm a librarian and I should!

Tomorrow, I might get to art. I like to art.

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

Hi sweetie ! :)
Sorry to read that your studio had suffered from floodings. :( Not fun.
Mmm pretzels ... would your hubby share his recipe with me ?! We do love pretzels over here but never baked some.
I've not much been working this weekend, but started a Christmas wreath (with fabric, felt, buttons, ribbons, trims etc) for a friend as a gift. OXOXO Big hugs my friend ! take care !

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thanks for stopping by, everybody!

Thanks Katie Jean!

Brittany - that sounds like a loooong day my friend.

rhymes - did I ever tell you that I used to manage the customer service department for a library information services company? Have you ever heard of EBSCO?

Sonia - I will email you the recipe for his pretzels, they're fantastic! I can't wait to see your wreath - felt and buttons, I'm in! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails