Sunday, September 01, 2013

mushroom installation at its end

I took a little time yesterday to get out to the woods.  I was in need of some one on one time with mother nature and I was hoping there would be mushrooms up.  Sadly, the dry weather has left us without mushrooms for now, and it seems my mushroom installation has gone that way too.

The last time I looked, some little critter had pulled the mushroom out of the hole and dropped it at the base of the tree.  I expected to find it still there but it was nowhere to be found.  I can only guess that said creature hauled it away to line its nest for winter.

So thus ends my project.
You can see how it progressed by visiting these posts:

and 
and
 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjWYPEPz6xyGsyoVTU-9LARXKcrRDQRHPnSecQDysW31dY1SFtPdCbbkPF8mcxk0uvpKpTctmfZk1grnVlNI6VEiOv-r1HHdnG9O_ITOi1FUqCUNVOQZw5CaJDeuDJpx-ek_G4Mig/s1600/2012-10-25.jpg
 

6 comments:

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

Thanks for keeping us posted about the evolution. I know that I'm always looking forward to seeing your next installation !!
oxoxo

Anonymous said...

An interesting experiment. It's nice to know that something will be warm and cozy through the winter, thanks to you. It must have been thrilled at such a find!

prpltrtl946 said...

Sad to see it go, but good to know some critter will be nice and warm this winter! 8*)

Heather Eddy said...

I suppose if we look closely at many of our projects in life, we'd see the same pattern. Perhaps even some or most of the bad ones, too?

celkalee said...

wonderful experiment, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Just yesterday when I saw your latest acorns I got to wondering how this installation was weathering. It's lovely to think it might be helping some little wood mouse keep her babes warm.
It also reminds me of watching blackbirds stand on the backs of sheep and pull out their wool with their beaks, the sheep don't mind a bit :)
x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails