Friday, September 27, 2013

thank you for the connection

It's been a long time since I allowed myself the pleasure of crawling back into bed after ushering my boys off to school, but that's just what I did this morning.

The rain was little more than a mist, the sky grey and non-committal, and my youngest was busy out in the barn with her daddy.  I started reading Tuesdays with Morrie last night and decided to sneak in just a few more chapters.

Instead, I finished the book, and officially started my day with the relief that a good cry and a hot shower brings.

Now I'm sipping a cuppa tea, making a list of what I'll be working on today (those stones up there are on the list) and thinking of all of you that spend a snippet of your day with me.

Thank you, each of you, for reading along.  I appreciate your time, and the thought that we're all connected somehow if only in this small way, more than you know.

x. Lisa

12 comments:

Ariadne said...

Connecting is just so important in today's life, when we all feel so alone or just that we don't belong.Through the blogs we have become a community!AriadnefromGreece!

Anonymous said...

Your stone circle is beautiful and touching. I hope the rest of your day is full of lovely connections, too.

Anonymous said...

I love the white line that travels through all your stones. "Tuesdays with Morrie" was done here by our local theatre company and it was amazing. I was ushering at the shows and tried not to cry. Didn't want red eyes as I was thanking people for coming after the show.

Heather M.

binimgarten said...

I wish you a good day!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to comment on your observation about readers. It is nice to have that connection. It feels like there are others out there who appreciate what we do. I've read your blog for a longer time than I've had my own and feel like I know you a little. (Weird, isn't it?) I do know we share the same joy in creating with fibre and thread and I'm pretty sure we'd enjoy an afternoon making together and having tea. Let me know when you're in my area!

Heather M.
B.C.

jademond said...

What a beautyful picture of the stones in the bowl.
I also felt like sleeping away my day. But how it is with children...no chance.

btw, did my mail arrive already? I sent you a stone a while ago.

Ramona/jademond.de/Germany

celkalee said...

One of my favorite bloggers, you inspire me and honor the beauty of nature with your work, thank you!

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

I am so grateful you are part of my life.
I'm glad you made time for yourself. So glad.
Sending you all, all my love
oxox
(aunt Z)

Starr White said...

Your blog is simply lovely. I always find such inspiration here, and when I say "thank you for sharing" I really, really mean it. It is a connection - if only in the very smallest way - we share the beauty of our little corners of the world with each other. So often, your photos and insightful thoughts brighten my day. Thank you!

Brenda said...

Such beautiful hues to your stones Lisa. They have such a calming feel to them. Your blog is such a joy to follow. We are all blessed to be connected thru the internet. :)

Tricia said...

Had a good cry when I read that book also. Love the stone circle.

Anonymous said...

You are one of my favorite connections.
Sincerely,
Is it Thursday yet?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails