Saturday, July 13, 2013

I'm not glorifying busy, I'm just... busy

Some new work to show, a handful of landscape brooches and one completed stone.

A palm-sized stone with pebbles trapped in its stitches.  One more on my worktable waiting for my attention.
 

9 growing babies in the brooder, enjoying their days out in the yard and their nights in the guest room.  7 more eggs in the incubator, because apparently 9 baby guineas just isn't enough.
 
4 birthdays in this house in the span of a month, an unexpected party to host, expected (and eagerly awaited) guests coming to stay, a festival to attend, traveling to do...  Not to mention the day-to-day stuff, the working, the gardening, the chasing of the children.  And don't even get me started on my plans to summit (the ever-growing) Mount Washmore.  It's enough to wear a girl out.

I plan to find a little peace in between the busy parts.  Not sure how, but that's my plan.  Right after I weed the tomatoes and bake a cake.

And feed the chickens.

And mop the floors.

But right after that, peace!

Hope you're finding some too.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

your outdoor photos and talk about Minnesota make me miss my family there. My daughter and her family live in Park Rapids. Thanks for sharing your life and art work!

Anonymous said...

trapping pebbles...brilliant. I may borrow that idea, if I may. good luck with that busy busy list!

Ariadne said...

The stone is gorgeous!AriadnefromGreece!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails