It's a beautiful blue sky morning here today. The hummingbirds and orioles are fighting for control of the sugar water, the chickens are raking the yard in search of nibbles, and the leaves on the poplars have started to dot the woods with green. It's one of those days that makes you feel hopeful, like you can accomplish anything, which is good because I have a mighty long to-do list today.
- Wrangle the wool roving that has unraveled like long octopus arms out of their storage bins (with plenty of help from my children) back into their containers.
- Find a new place to put the brooding box since the new chicks are prone to bouts of loud peeping in the middle of the night and I can hear them loud and clear all the way in my bedroom.
- Teach Charlie the puppy, though a pretty good dog, that chasing chickens is not okay no matter how much fun it might be.
- Try to salvage the flowering plum after the boy broke its big limb off by playing tarzan and swinging from it.
- Find out where the kidlets hid my herb seeds so I can finish planting the herb garden. I found the basil but everything else is missing...
- Gather Creeping Charlie leaves and Clover to dry for tea.
- Get a quick soak on these beans since I forgot to do it last night.
- Finish painting the soffits in the kitchen then start on the dining room walls.
- Take a break and enjoy this beautiful (finally!!) weather
After a few days of strangeness, Blogger seems to be behaving so far. I'm able to post but some of the comments you left on my previous post haven't returned yet. You also might have gotten some old posts if you subscribe via email. Sorry about that. With luck everything will be a-ok today.
May your skies be blue and your to-do list be tiny.