Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New babies


It seems life is about to get a little crazier under the poplar and pine.   I'd like to introduce the newest member of our family...umm... well he doesn't have an official name yet but his working name is Charlie. 


  
Charlie is a muttly mix of lab and boxer and he's a sweetheart.  Everyone is thrilled with him.  Well, except for Sandy the bulldog who is concerned that he is going to eat all of the dog food (that she hates, regularly shuns, and is now gulping down as if she hasn't eaten in 10 days).

As it goes with puppies, last night was punctuated by bouts of howling and whining so I didn't get much sleep.  To make matters worse some bird was loudly chirping outside my window this morning at 2am.  Or so I thought...it seems the eggs in my office have begun chirping...they still have to make it out of the shells but it appears that we have at least two baby chickens trying to make their way into the world.



I have a feeling the next few weeks are going to be busy ones.  Between new babies, kindergarten graduation, summer vacation, visitors, trips...oh my.  I'll do the best I can but if I fall off the radar from time to time, you'll know why.  Wish me luck.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

19 comments:

Amy said...

So cute!

lynn bowes said...

Oh you are such a glutton for punishment. A new puppy - you and the family will have your hands full all summer! How did he 'cute' his way into your home?

Nothing cuter, that's for sure - unless it's a newly hatched chick . . .

prpltrtl946 said...

Good Luck, Lisa!!!

My Shepherd and Boxer mix is 9 months old now and he is humongous!! I named him Thumper because his big paws and Shepherd tail thump when he walks or wags!! 8*)

Have fun!!
Melissa 8*)

RedTwigBrownTwig said...

Let the fun begin! Folks next to us have a new puppy and he seems to double in size every week! I like "Charlie". :)

prpltrtl946 said...

PS:

I also had a English Bull dog named Babe and she was the best!!
I love hearing about and seeing pictures of Sandy!! 8*)

We have an American Blue Heeler/Black Lab mix. She is the BOSS Dog around this house...she does not care one bit how big the "baby" (Thumper) gets!! And, he has been bigger than Storm for a few months now... 8*)

Love Charlie's white toes!!
Melissa 8*)

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

I'm offering puppy sitting for food & a bed.
;-)
welcome home, baby Charlie !
xoxoxo

Tara said...

Welcome, Charlie! He looks like a little charmer. You are going to be busy, busy but in such an exciting way. Good luck with it all, Lisa.

Tumus said...

Two adorable dogs AH AH AHHHH! Spring ALWAYS feels hectic to me. I don't know if it's because of the newness of everything or the rush to get it all done so you can still enjoy the weather before the heat and humidity set in again.

Unknown said...

sounds busy but FUN!

good luck with all and especially with finding "charlie's" perfect name. :)

Unknown said...

What a darling!! Good luck with your busy endeavors, Lisa.

Megan said...

What a cute puppy. Our older dog did the exactly same thing with food when we got a puppy. He used to eat his food at his leisure, snacking throughout the day.

But when the new puppy came the eating race was on.

Also, when they are finished eating now, they both go check out the other one's bowl to make sure that nothing was left behind.

Silly boys.

Anonymous said...

Oh, boy.......you are in deep doo doo now....and I'm not talking chicken manure.

Karen Larko said...

Hi Lisa. Can't wait to see what pops out of those eggs. I love that new baby dog!!! He looks similar to my Jack. Good luck with all the new babies and everything else you have going on there!

Mattie van den Heuvel said...

I'm not a dog fan, but this one is sooooo cute! Don't forget to have fun when it gets busy!
Mattie (filz10A)

Elise/One Woman, Reinvented said...

What a cute dog -- I think you should call him "Spot." ;-p

Margie Oomen said...

charlie is so so adorable
please give him a big hug from the three kitties and i

Apryl said...

aww so cute. *smoosh*

joanie said...

Sooooo cute. I hope the babies don't keep you up too late. Looks like you have loads going on, you'll need your sleep. Jx

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. so cute. i think i have puppy fever worse than i have baby fever. :)
cannot wait to see more! hope you get some rest.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails