Tuesday, May 17, 2011

To-do tackled and now on to Tuesday


I did pretty well on my to-do list from yesterday.  I still haven't found my herb seeds and Charlie still insists on chasing chickens (just short bursts, enough to make the chickens scatter and bawk) but I did pretty well on the rest of it.  At the end of my day I decided to reward myself with a walk around the yard with my camera.  I can't get enough of the flowering plum right now, but I also saw the first trillium and some violets.  

Here's a bit of what I noticed.

Soft, pale violets and bright yellow dandelions.  I have plans for each of these today.



Poplar leaves catching the light.


Trilliums and a patch of Creeping Charlie I overlooked.



I watched as the sun dipped below the horizon, making the sky blush and sending the dandelions to sleep.




And finally that beautiful moon through the trees.


My to-do list for today is pretty similar to yesterday's and I can only hope it ends as nicely.

Hope you have a great day.

(oh, by the way, Blogger keeps eating my posts and comments so if you've left a comment and it's gone, I have it in email.  I'm a little behind on replying, but I'm working on it.  Thank you all, I so enjoy reading what you have to say, and visiting your blogs too.)

5 comments:

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

so proud of you my friend that you did so well with your to-do list yesterday ! May you find the seeds & may Charlie stop chasing the chicks ;-)
and I'm aslo glad for you that you could have a walk on your own. Totally deserved & beyond, even. The violets & dandies ... for eating (jams, jellies or candied ?) or for dyeing ? :)
oxoxox take care
lots of love your (and your loved ones') way

ellen said...

What lovely photos. I enjoy being able to peek in and see your beautiful spring.
Blogger certainly has been naughty lately!
Have a good week.

Lisa said...

Do you know where I live in Ontario, Canada(little town where a jar of your buttons now reside) we aren't suppose to pick trilliums as they are our Province's flower! Do they also grow in a burgundy colour?

k said...

such pretty snippets of spring in your yard, and that moon! love it. glad you are having success plugging away at your list.

Margie Oomen said...

your photographs are magical
might need to get some moon photography lessons from you one day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails