Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Break In The Weather


After a long cold winter, mother nature eased up a bit this weekend.  After too many -20 mornings today she decided to hit the 30s.  That might not sound like much to some of you but I can guarantee that Minnesotans state-wide were smiling today.  I know I was.  I even got to go for a short walk in the woods, something I've really been missing.

A few shots of the beautiful day.




The girls even gained the courage to walk on the cold white stuff just to see if I might have grain in my pockets. (I didn't)


I saw a tiny little birds nest made of grass and birch paper.  Birds are just so clever aren't they?



Looking at the snow on top of our log pile you would think that I'd have enough sense to stay on the trail.  But no.  More than once I stepped off the trail and ended up in snow up past my knees.








Without the leaves you can see our house from the woods. 


  

I really needed that.

Happy Sunday, all.

9 comments:

Tara said...

I had the same kind of day yesterday. Last week was cold, cold, cold. It had me wishing for spring. But yesterday it warmed up, the sun was shining and we also got out for a walk in the woods. And I might be crazy but there was a whiff of spring in the air.

Marilyn said...

even though there is a bit of a wind and it didn't get quite as warm as they promised....Spring is just around the corner...it "Feels" like Spring...the sky 'Looks" like Spring and the front lawn is full of Robins, "listening" for worms... :) it won't be long now!!!!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Yeah!! In Duluth here, and so happy for the warm-up! I'm glad you got to go out for your walk in the woods, stay on the trail! lol We didn't get the snow that you guys did, it seemed to miss us most of the time, but we sure did get the cold! Ugh.
Smiles, Karen

Anonymous said...

ah, girl, how much I hear you, even though we don't have any snow here. Yesterday we went out in the nature, it'd been two whole months & it had felt like forever !! It really was sunny & warm, while today & the next two weeks are going to be gray and rainy and cold.
I am so very happy you managed to escape. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for these amazing photos. The birch paper nest one & the jeans one are my faves ;-)
oxoxox

Unknown said...

Such lovely photos. It warmed up a bit here, also. It felt good to be outside in the sun for a while. Hard to believe that 36 degrees feels warm!
I am having a vintage-y, handmade giveaway, come by if you get the chance!

http://meli-melo-art.blogspot.com/2011/02/vintage-fun-giveaway.html

Margie Oomen said...

fantastic walk lisa and a very happy last few hours of sunday to you.

Tumus said...

I love deer footprints ^_^ They look like hearts.

k said...

really beautiful photos, lisa. the bird's nest is amazing. glad you were able to go out for a walk, even if you sunk a few times (last weekend i had the same experience at the ski hill when stepping off the packed trail and sinking thigh deep unexpectedly).

happy valentines day!

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

Oh, that warm weather felt good, didn't it?! I'm definitely missing it now. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails