Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bunnies, Buttons, and Buckling Down


I'm finally making some headway on my mound of vintage buttons.  After selling some and donating some, I'm down to one 56qt plastic bin-full.  It's still more than I need to have on hand but it's a start.  A few of you asked how I can bear parting with them and I can tell you that when I see what other people are making with them, it's easy.  Case in point, these little cuties from FeltedWoolies.


I dare you to look at these little guys and not squeal.  You squealed, didn't you?  They're utterly adorable, and check out their little button eyes.  huh?  huh?  Adorable right?


You can get your own in her Etsy shop where you'll also find some other adorable wooly creatures like this sheep. (who keeps begging me to take her home)


I hope you'll stop by her shop and check her out.

As for me, tomorrow begins my "it's serious" time.  I have an artist's mart at the Walker Art Center to prepare for and some projects to complete for an upcoming felt book from Lark Books and I need to buckle down.  I'll be putting aside my button destashing efforts for now and blogging might be a little less frequent for a while. 

(note: I really need a good whip-cracker to keep me on task.  Why oh why don't any of you live near me?)

I do have some new work completed to share soon.  (I keep saying that, don't I?)

Oh, and thank you to everyone who suggested uses for the nail polish.  Great ideas!  You guys are so helpful, thank you. 

Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Yep, those bunnies are adorable. Love the sheep too. I can't wait to see what you have been working on.

Anonymous said...

oooh dear, the bunnies are so so very cute indeed !! For sure all the ladies who bought buttons from you made a fantastic use of them !
Good luck for the completion of all your current projects. I wish I lived near you, you know that, right ?
oxoxo
Z

Anonymous said...

such sweeties! both the bunnies and the sheep. Good luck with all the things you still need to do. Maybee it helps when you write it all dwon and you can cross them away once you have done that. It is very motivating:)Oh and make a prioity list of it.. so no stress about something not getting finished :)

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh Lisa, they are 'I might die of cute' level adorable! I have a friend who very much like bunnies, I am going to investigate getting her one of these!

Janee Lookerse said...

nope didn't do it...ooooookay...you're right, i squealed.

xoxo
Janee
yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails