Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Truth In Art


I had to share with you a piece by a very special artist.  This is a watercolor by my 4 year old son, painted just yesterday.  He described his motivation for the painting as such:

"This is called 'Appetite'."  "I painted your teeth because you eat so much."

Oh how lovely.

In non body-issue news, I got a lovely email from Angel of Stumbles and Stitches yesterday who had purchased a pound bag of my vintage buttons.  She shared a few photos of some of the treasures she found in her bag, over on her blog.  It looks like she found a few mother of pearls, an art glass button or two, what looks like a bakelite button, and a really cool brown flower.  Oh the fun!  If you get a chance, stop on over and check it out.

12 comments:

Dawn S. said...

What a lovely water color. Your son is very talented!

Anonymous said...

o wow!!! real Art!! it's stunning! I'm a big fan of him!

(and his motivation... LOL!)

I bought (again...) a very old tin with vintage buttons today... o my, what a treasures....

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

what a gorgeous painting, auntie Z is sooooo proud !!! :) Hilarious that it is your teeth though LOL
have a great start of the month, my friend xoxo

lynn bowes said...

Genius!

ellen said...

Out of the mouths of babes! So funny and such great painting.

Tara said...

Such beautiful colours. Think of it this way, you were the inspiration for his art. that's pretty cool.

Glo said...

You know how sometimes abstract artists get accused of painting stuff a four-year old could do? I think that also applies the other way: when i first saw the painting, I assumed it was something you found on Etsy. I would love to have something like that on the living room walls!

As for the eating comment, well, let's hope he acquires some finesse as he grows up. Not that long ago I had dinner at a restaurant by our house, and had a lovely chocolate "bomb" for dessert. When the waiter came back to remove our plates, he said, "WOW! I can't believe you ate the WHOLE THING!"

As you can imagine, his tip ended up being as big as his brain...

Lisa-Marie said...

how beautiful. your four year old has skills!

This is My Life said...

That is a really cool, beautiful painting. I love the story behind it. I think abstract art is a great story board:)

Joanne Rich said...

It's beautiful!

Margie Oomen said...

that painting is a keeper

Unknown said...

takes after his mother in talent. it sure is a keeper. Kids say the darnest things!

kathleen xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails