Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Forest Birthday Celebration


Today is a special day for the forest friends who have come to live with me.  Their creator, Nanou, is celebrating a birthday.  A meringue mushroom feast was made and the story was told over on a new blog dedicated to Nanou's sweet forest friends.  Stop by and meet some of the other forest friends scattered throughout the world.


I think it takes a very special soul to inspire a sense of whimsy in people like Nanou does, and we here under the poplar and pine are feeling lucky indeed to have such an amazing circle of friends.


Happy Birthday Nanou! and a happy day to all of you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to our beloved Nanou ! I loved your very fun story & I wish I could have licked the beater too LOL
xoxoxo big hugs

Tara said...

I had a sneak peek at the forest friends blog and I cannot wait to have the time to just sit and read. It looks beautiful. Nanou has certainly inspired all of you.

Anonymous said...

Would it at all be possible to get the recipe for those lovely mushrooms? I've got a dear friend who loves baking and cookies... and these would be a perfect surprise for her...

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thanks Sonia and Tara!

Monika - this is the recipe I use: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Meringue-Mushrooms/Detail.aspx

it's really quite easy and the meringues are delish. Enjoy!

NanaBeast said...

I so relate to Pinecone Gatherer. "Belly bulging and eyes glazed over" - story of my life *sigh*

You and me, PG, you and me. What can we do when there are so MANY scrumptious delights in this world?

Lisa,
This gift that you girls put together for your special friend is AMAZING! What a terrific collaboration. Not to mention downright clever and thoughtful. I am in awe.

ZenCrafter said...

Your story was so funny and sweet and playful, Lisa. I really enjoyed it and thought it perfectly captured Nanou. And you expressed it exactly right, too, about Nanou's special soul inspiring a sense of whimsy in us all. :)

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Thank you for the recipe link.. I will definitely try this at home...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails